Regardless of your job or industry, there aren’t always enough hours in the day to get everything done. As a result, you constantly feel like you’re always behind. And that’s just not good for your productivity or your health. Whether you are working from home or you are in an office, maintaining your health, happiness and sanity are very much a top priority. In this fast-paced business world, you need to learn to work smarter and healthier. If you do, your life will be easier, happier… and probably longer.
Work Smarter, Not Harder
Many professionals say they want to “work smarter, not harder” to make the most effective use of their time. This is often easier said than done. When things need to be done quickly, most people end up overcommitted, overwhelmed, and overworked. But you work really hard already. In fact, you might not be able to work any harder. That’s when you have to learn to work smarter.
This infographic from ThinkCreative will help you learn the game. It teaches you how to increase your hustle to get things done faster, healthier, and more efficiently. With these suggestions, you can transform your busy day into a happy, productive experience.
Some tips we gained from the infographic:
- Forget multi-tasking; instead, focus on completing one task at a time
- Buck the trend to rely on energy drinks to get you through the day (black coffee or green tea remain the best of all 5-hour energizers)
- Monitor how much you’re sitting everyday, and balance that butt time with a walk outside to renew the senses
- Set your day up right by getting seven to nine hours sleep (and don’t end your day with digital input)
- Save your vision by following the 20-20-20 rule (see below!)
You can learn to be successful and still live long enough to enjoy retirement.